[BioC] Question about heatmap

Giovanni d'Ario giovanni.dario at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Thu Nov 10 19:06:22 CET 2005

Hello everybody
 I'have a general question about the heatmap function. I'm clustering an
expression matrix with different dissimilarity measures. Correct if I'm
wrong but if I want to cluster the columns I have to scale the rows to
bring the genes to a common range, and this is apparently the default
behavior of heatmap (according to the option scale="row"). So I expected
to see different dendrograms,  setting scale="none", but there's no
change. It seems that the scaling only affects the plotting but not the
generation of dendrograms. Where's the mistake?
Thank you in advance
Best regards

Giovanni d'Ario