[BioC] Gene Mapping on Chrosmosomes

Furge, Kyle Kyle.Furge at vai.org
Fri Nov 11 16:40:53 CET 2005

I think the general sequence would be:

1) read in the data files using something like read.delim()
2) make sure you have the hgu95av2 meta data package installed
3) use something like buildChromLocation() from the annotation package to
associate probe ids with genomic location
4) use something like geneplotter, chromViz, or the ideogram package to plot
the data. The specifics of these packages vary, but they mostly take the
same types of data structures

-kyle

##
## Example code: Do not run
##

my_data <- read.delim("my_file")

## lets say there are columns called RAW and ID in the file

raw_data <- my_data[,"RAW"]
names(raw_data) <- my_data[,"ID"]

## do some plots

library(hgu95av2)