[BioC] ReadAffy() for customized Affy chips

Li,Qinghong,ST.LOUIS,Molecular Biology Qinghong.Li at rdmo.nestle.com
Fri Nov 11 20:57:39 CET 2005

Thanks Jim.

Thanks for providing the helpful information. I tried both make.cdf.package and makecdfenv. I was able to make the env successfully.

But for some reason, the package made from make.cdf.package didn't work -- I was not able to install it. I used  "Install package(s) from local .zip files" dropdown manual (I zipped the package I made), but I got this message:

> utils:::menuInstallLocal()
Error in gzfile(file, "r") : unable to open connection
In addition: Warning messages:
1: error -1 in extracting from zip file
2: cannot open compressed file 'cxxxx500001cdf/DESCRIPTION'

Not sure what was going on with the package I made. But at least one of the methods works.

Johnny