[BioC] problem with hclust

shannon shannon at ilya.wustl.edu
Tue Nov 8 14:13:22 CET 2005

Hi

dendrograms were designed for and intially applied to significantly
smaller problems then 2,000 objects. I cannot imaging how to dispaaly a
tree with that many terminal nodes in such a way to be able to read the
labels.

You might try using 'cutree' into a dozen or so subtrees and plot each
subtree individually.

You might also try using kmeans to partition the data with that large a
sample.

Bill
---

		        Biostatistics Consulting Center
		http://ilya.wustl.edu/~shannon/bcc_announcement.pdf

"Statistics is not a discipline like physics, chemistry or biology
where we study a subject to solve problems in the same subject. We
study statistics with the main aim of solving problems in other
disciplines."   CR Rao

William D. Shannon, Ph.D.

Associate Professor of Biostatistics in Medicine
Division of General Medical Sciences and Biostatistics

Campus Box 8005, 660 S. Euclid
St. Louis, MO   63110

Phone: 314-454-8356
Fax: 314-454-5113