[BioC] BiomaRt connection error

Francois Pepin fpepin at cs.mcgill.ca
Wed Nov 16 18:19:58 CET 2005

Hi Xiwei,

yes, MySQL queries are outgoing connections.

On the other hand, it requires connection to a specific port (3306 if my
memory serves). It's not too uncommon to only allow connections to
predefined ports (say http, ftp and ssh).

The easiest for you would be to ask your network administrator if the
firewall would indeed be blocking an outgoing connection to an a server
on port 3306.

Francois