[BioC] normalization the expression values

Björn Usadel usadel at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Fri Nov 18 16:46:22 CET 2005

Hi Assa,

you should most probably use logged data,  for some reasons look here:
http://www.stat.berkeley.edu/users/terry/zarray/Html/log.html

However, all microarrays analysis software should do so (I guess...)
Maybe you should also do some background reading?
For your simple case, since you posted here it might be enough to
download R and limma /BioC and then read the user's guide of limma
carefully which covers most simple cases. But I would advise you some
background reading.

If you process everything in R/BioC/limma you should be fine anyway,
just make sure to include some quality control, (page 18 onwards in
limma Users guide)

In case you did all this, just stick with the log-values :-).

Cheers,
Björn

PS Most often microarray data is tranformed by log to the base of 2.