[BioC] lmFit simple design or contrast

Björn Usadel usadel at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Fri Nov 18 18:08:57 CET 2005

Hi Beatriz,

your mail is very hard to read. If you have a look at section 8.4 again
where supposedly a similar design as yours was used
"For the first approach, the treatment-contrasts parametrization, the
design matrix should be
as follows:
 > design
WT MUvsWT
Array1 1 0
Array2 1 0
Array3 1 1
Array4 1 1
Array5 1 1
Here the first coefficient estimates the mean log-expression for wild
type mice and plays the
role of an intercept."

And you plotted the first coefficient. However, you were probably more
interest in coeffient2
if you do type
 >fita
and then have a look at the slots, you can see that in coeffiecients
there is a column labeled MUvsWT which is probably what you wanted to see:
you can access it with fita$coeff[,2] or fita$coeff[,"MUvsWT"]

also str(objects) can be one of your friends....

Cheers,
björn