[BioC] How to save jpegs of all MAplots of an affybatch

Ben Bolstad bmb at bmbolstad.com
Wed Nov 23 17:19:16 CET 2005

The easiest way is something like

jpeg("MAplot%03d.jpeg")
MAplot(mysamples)
dev.off()

which would write files MAplot001.jpeg, MAplot002.jpeg, ......

Alternatively, you could use the ref argument to MAplot (to make one of
the arrays the reference) and generate n-1 MAplots using your loop
structure. eg

for(i in 2:n){
jpeg(file=paste(sampleNames(mysamples[,i]),"MAplot.jpeg", sep=""))
MAplot(mysamples[,i],ref=1)
dev.off()

Ben Bolstad <bmb at bmbolstad.com>
http://bmbolstad.com