[BioC] Affy autodownload cdf problem

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Wed Nov 30 16:41:37 CET 2005

I haven't used the affy packages in a while, so just wondered about the
behavior of justRMA (and maybe others that auto-download from bioconductor)
on MacOS.  The details are below.  I can download the cdf by hand and
install, but the auto-install seems to fail.  I know I am missing some
detail, but would love to hear what that is.

Thanks,
Sean

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.2.0, 2005-08-11, powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0

attached base packages:
[1] "tools"     "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"
[7] "datasets"  "base"

other attached packages:
   affy Biobase
"1.8.1" "1.8.0"

> eset <-
justRMA(filenames=dir('../Results'),celfile.path='../Results',verbose=T)
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://bioconductor.org/packages/bioc/1.7/bin/macosx/2.2
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://bioconductor.org/packages/data/annotation/1.7/bin/macosx/2.2
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://bioconductor.org/packages/data/experiment/1.7/bin/macosx/2.2
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://bioconductor.org/packages/omegahat/1.7/bin/macosx/2.2
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://bioconductor.org/packages/lindsey/1.7/bin/macosx/2.2
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://cran.fhcrc.org/bin/macosx/2.2
Error in getCdfInfo(object) : Could not obtain CDF environment, problems
encountered:
Specified environment does not contain HG-U133_Plus_2
Library - package hgu133plus2cdf not installed
Data for package affy did not contain hgu133plus2cdf
Bioconductor - hgu133plus2cdf not available