[BioC] merging fit and MA objects

Guoneng Zhong guoneng.zhong at yale.edu
Wed Nov 30 20:24:53 CET 2005

Hi,

Is there an easy way to merge data from a fit object (from lmFit) and MA
data (from normalizeWithinArrays) based on the genes?  I mean, I want
the p values from the fit object and the different M values (each column
represents an original file), matching the data based on fit$gene or
MA$gene.

Basically, what I have now is:
        targets <- readTargets(targetFile)
RG<-read.maimages(targets$FileName,columns=list(Rf="C5_Signal_Median",Rb="C5_Signal_SD",Gf="C3_Signal_Median",Gb="C3_Signal_SD"),annotation=c('Sel_Crt','Probe_Seq','Feature_ID'))
        RG.noBG <- backgroundCorrect(RG,method='none')
        MA.lnorm <- normalizeWithinArrays(RG.noBG, method="loess")
        design <- modelMatrix(targets,ref="Reference")
        fit<-lmFit(MA.lnorm,design)
        fit<-eBayes(fit)

I could use the merge() function, but then I don't know before hand how
many data files are being read with read.maimages.

Thanks,