[BioC] System configaration -Bioconductor for the best possible results (in terms of files processed)

Chaitanya Kommidi kommidi at vbi.vt.edu
Wed Oct 12 20:43:51 CEST 2005

Hello ,
            We use the Bioconductor primarily for conversion of Affy cel
files using gcRMA,RMA etc ...Right now with a RAM of 2GB and a 32 bit
processor we have been able to convert upto 22+ files at a single go
(Human array 50k genes).

We are looking to upgrade our systems to improove the performance.(more
files at  a single time)

Can anyone give me a rough estimate(through your experience or
otherwise) on the "best configuration" that would allow more files to be
processed.

Thanks for your time.

Chaitanya