[BioC] gpr.gz

Henrik Bengtsson hb at maths.lth.se
Fri Oct 14 00:25:11 CEST 2005

FYI: I had some problems with GPR files, read.table, and an gzfile when
I tried this out two years ago in aroma.  I cannot remember what the
exact problem was (some kind of read.table error), but I ended up
gunzipping to temporary file in my parser/reader.  My code is now doing

   if (regexpr("[.]gz$", filename) != -1) {
     tmpname <- tempfile();
     n <- gunzip(filename, tmpname);
     filename <- tmpname;
     on.exit(file.remove(tmpname));
   }

gunzip() is simply a function that reads a gzfile and writes to a
regular file connection.  Less efficient for now, but at least you can
keep you files gzipped.  The read.table problem might been fixed now, I
haven't tried.

/Henrik