[BioC] Affymetrix gtype_cel_to_pq

Henrik Bengtsson hb at maths.lth.se
Tue Oct 18 11:25:16 CEST 2005

Hi,

I need to get hold of Affymetrix' gtype_cel_to_pq in order to use the
RLMM package.  This is an non-supported tool by Affy and therefore I
hope someone else can help me out.

Affymetrix provides the (platform independent) C++ source code at
http://www.affymetrix.com/support/developer/tools/gtype_cel_to_pq/ and
says "This is the source code for the gtype_to_cel_pq tool. To build
this application you will also need to download and compile the File
SDK [http://www.affymetrix.com/support/developer/filesdk/]. The source
code provided has only been compiled and tested on a Linux system
using the g++ version 3.3 compiler.".

Has anyone successfully built this tool on Unix, Linux or even Windows
(Cygwin?) and if so could you please tell me what compile and link
options you used for g++?

I am aware of Nusrat Rabbee's pre-compile Linux version at
www.stat.berkeley.edu/users/nrabbee/RLMM/convert.html, but it does not
run on the Unix system I have access.

Best wishes

Henrik Bengtsson