[BioC] ANCOVA in limma

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Wed Oct 19 20:26:42 CEST 2005

We would like to adjust our ANOVA-type analysis by using the
covariate "age".  Because limma is based on contrast, rather than
"type III SS", it seems to me that the only way to proceed with an
ANCOVA-type analysis is to orthogonalize the design matrix against
the covariate.  Is there a more straight-forward method?

Associate Professor
University Park, PA 16802-2111