[BioC] hexbin in R 2.2.0 - installation problem

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Oct 19 22:53:04 CEST 2005

Hi Naomi,

On 19 Oct 2005, naomi at stat.psu.edu wrote:

> I just downloaded R 2.2.0 for Windows, after which I installed
> several Bioconductor packages using the packages menu.
>
> I downloaded hexbin and graph apparently without incident, except
> that "colorspace" was not found.

I'm guessing:
 1. you did the installation using the menus
 2. you had selected only the bioconductor repository to select
    packages from.

Unfortunately, this doesn't allow the tools to install dependencies
from other package repositories, namely CRAN, where colorspace is
hosted.

This isn't your fault and it is something we will try to address for
the future.

I think you can resolve your issue with hexbin by installing the
colorspace package from CRAN.

You might also try select both bioconductor and CRAN repositories form
the menu and then reinstalling hexbin (note: I haven't tried this, but
I think it has a good chance of working).

Best,

+ seth