[BioC] Affy Exon Array Analysis

Justin Borevitz borevitz at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 20 21:40:57 CEST 2005

Yes this one limitation, the annotation for new arrays.  So far we have done
our own and can share with other Arabidopsis people if there is interest.
We have developed methods for SFP (polymorphism detection)
http://naturalvariation.org/sfp
http://naturalvariation.org/methods
and are toying with novel gene prediction. Novel gene prediction is a
crucial area.  I'd like to hear others approaches toward it. Hidden markov
models are something we have been thinking of. Antisense expression is
another related and open area when strand specific expression is available.
Chip/chip and methylome analysis are others.  I expect methods to come out
in the next year as the arrays become more widely available.
http://naturalsystems.org/BorevitzEckerAnnualReview.pdf

-----
Justin Borevitz