[BioC] is Biostrings being maintained?

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Fri Oct 28 02:03:54 CEST 2005

Hi Marcus,
   Yes, sort of, if you want to send me code, or discuss off line,
  we are hoping to spend some time on new capabilities here over the
next few months. And I will (thought I already had) change the
maintainer info.

   Robert

Marcus G. Daniels wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know if Biostrings is being maintained?  I see the version
> number bumped between Bioconductor releases, but the maintainer's
> (Saikat Debroy) e-mail bounces at the University of Wisconsin.
>
> One thing I'd like to add support for matching amino acid strings.  It
> seems to be partially implemented, so I wonder if anyone else has a
> later version than is to be included in 1.8.
>
> Alternatively, if anyone knows of an R package that already has the
> capability to do high-speed matching of multiple strings (with an amino
> acid alphabet), I'd appreciate the pointer.
>
> Thanks!

Robert Gentleman, PhD
Program in Computational Biology
Division of Public Health Sciences