[BioC] Rgraphviz load problem

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Sat Oct 29 04:55:31 CEST 2005

Hi Byron,

On 28 Oct 2005, ellis at stat.harvard.edu wrote:
> How to Build Rgraphviz From Source on OS X
> or
> The Path Of Pain
> or
> Can I Have Those Two Hours Back Now?
>
> A Cautionary Tale

Heh, I walked a similar path of path to get graphviz to build on
Windows.  I wonder if you might consider posting your steps to the
graphviz-devel list ;-)

The most frustrating thing is that all of those bits that don't
compile are parts that Rgraphviz does not need.  AFAICS, graphviz
couples graph layout with graph _rendering_ and that pulls all sorts
of dependencies into the mix when all one wants to do is retrieve the
layout :-/

On OS X I have graphviz 2.2.0 installed (which built without pain) and
it works fine for Rgraphviz.  But I don't seem to have the tarball
anywhere so I don't know where to suggest retrieving it.

+ seth