[BioC] Rgraphviz load problem

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Oct 31 03:19:52 CET 2005

On 30 Oct 2005, ellis at stat.harvard.edu wrote:
>> On OS X I have graphviz 2.2.0 installed (which built without pain)
>> and it works fine for Rgraphviz.  But I don't seem to have the
>> tarball anywhere so I don't know where to suggest retrieving it.
>
> That must have been prior to the release of Xcode 2.1---it no longer
> builds so easily.

Hmm.  I just tried again since Jane was able to send a graphviz 2.2.0
tarball and it compiled just fine.  I believe I'm using the latest
Xcode tools, but have gcc set to 3.3.

> You would also need to update the framework building to put them
> somewhere useful (like /Library) rather than
> @executable_path/../.. since you'd have to drop them into R.app
> otherwise.

I am using an R built from source and running out of the build dir,
not using the framework stuff at all.  So I'm not sure what you mean.
One can install the graphviz libs under /usr/local and then build
Rgraphviz.  I realize this is very un-Mac.

+ seth