[BioC] Almost inexisting overlap of diff. expr. genes found when comparing mas5 / rma

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Mon Sep 5 04:07:45 CEST 2005

The problem is considerable.

We found the same thing when we followed RMA exactly until the median
polish step, and substituted Huber's biweight for median polish.  This
produces a tiny difference in the expression values, and the same 40-50%
overlap in the list.

Such are the limitations of the methodology at this point.

--Naomi