[BioC] LIMMA No residual using rmaPLM

Ben Bolstad bolstad at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Sep 6 16:36:37 CEST 2005

Indeed, lmFit when it identifies a PLMset object tries to derive weights
using the se.chip.coef slot of the PLMset object. By default rmaPLM does
not return these but fitPLM would.

Looking back through your previous code it appears as though what you were
trying to do is compare situations where you gave absent probesets 0 weight
and everything else a weight of 1 with a situation where everything is
unweighted (ie essentially equal weights). You could carry out this second
situation by supplying a matrix of ones as your weights if supplying a
PLMset object or alternatively carryout RMA using rma() and supply the
resultant exprSet without weights to lmFit.

Ben