[BioC] Installation with package versions?

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Sep 6 20:05:00 CEST 2005

On  6 Sep 2005, blindglobe at gmail.com wrote:

> Is it possible to use the bioconductor install tools to install with
> package versions?  (i.e. the equivalent of
> install.packages(c("list","of","packages"),installWithVers=TRUE) or
> update.packages(ask=FALSE,installWithVers=TRUE) ? )

This _should_ work for new installation because extra args are passed
to install.packages.

So I would expect the following to do what you want:

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("somePackage", installWithVers=TRUE)

Let me know if you try this and it doesn't work.  We don't have
automated tools to deal with updating BioC packages at this time and
so no way to installWithVer :-)

Should this be considered for a default?

+ seth