[BioC] pamr, samr and RWinEdt conficts - New editor req info

Giulio Di Giovanni perimessaggini at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 8 14:58:43 CEST 2005

Hi to all,

I'm working in WinXP OS, and I discovered a really annoying problem related
to pamr, samr and RWinEdt (and maybe some other stuff I have in my pc). In
brief, with RWinEdt installed, after i loaded pamr or samr, every error
message appears not only in the usual text format after sending the command,
but also in a pop-out graphic window, to clic in to proceed. And that's ok
(well, I preferred before, but...). But when I have a big workspace this
pop-out window appears only after several second (bigger the workspace,
longer I've to wait). And wait for 20-30 secs for every mistype or whatever
it makes impossible to work.

After long time on that, I gave it up, and the question is much more
simple... Do anyone have some suggestion on a nice and well done text editor
R-interfaced for windows ? I found something on CRAN but I have no clue...

Thanks to all in advance...

Giulio