[BioC] Please Help on how to install Mapping10K_XBa142 in R.

Fri Sep 9 06:28:34 CEST 2005

Ok, you are using a 10k SNP chip.

What happens is that when you try to print (show) the data by typing
 > raw
the affy package expects to find what is called a cdf environment in
order to do the printing. The SNP chips are a bit different from the
standard gene expression chips, so metadata in the form of a cdf
environment is not easily accessible from BioC (which is what it
complains about, it discovers you have not installed a package
containing environment and tries to do it for you.

If you need to work with SNP data I think you need the oligo package
and the makePlatformDesign package. But that process is still a bit
experimental, perhaps people with actual data analysis experience can
chime in.

The affy library file contains a CDF _file_ which you need to read in
using the makePlatformDesign package in order to create a relevant
package.

Kasper