[BioC] CEL file conversion for custom CDF arrays gives segmentation fault when run

Chaitanya Kommidi kommidi at vbi.vt.edu
Thu Sep 22 18:44:43 CEST 2005

Hello ...

Here is the session
***********************
R : Copyright 2004, The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Version 1.9.1  (2004-06-21), ISBN 3-900051-00-3

'citation()' on how to cite R in publications.

'help.start()' for a HTML browser interface to help.
Type 'q()' to quit R.

[Previously saved workspace restored]

 > invisible(options(echo = TRUE))
 > library(affy)
Welcome to Bioconductor
         Vignettes contain introductory material.  To view,
         simply type: openVignette()
         For details on reading vignettes, see
         the openVignette help page.
 > eset<- justRMA(celfile.path="/tmp/1127402509382"  ,rm.mask =FALSE
,rm.outliers =FALSE  ,rm.extra =FALSE  ,normalize =TRUE  ,background
=TRUE  ,bgversion =2  ,destructive =FALSE  )
Background correcting
Normalizing
Calculating Expression
~
***************************************

>It would also be helpful if you could describe a little bit better what
>you mean by custom CDF file. Is this for a custom array or for a regular
>array but you have some how modified the CDF file for your own purposes?

Sorry for not being more clear ...
This is a custom CDF file that is based on Affymetrix custom made arrays
provided by Affy.We simply use the "makecdfenv" package in Bioconductor
to create the CDF pacakge from the cdf file from affy.

I apprecaite your time and effort.

Thanks
Chaitanya