[BioC] UseMart not working

HFL lee at molgen.mpg.de
Sat Apr 1 18:24:46 CEST 2006

Dear Amy,

I had the same problem with the biomaRt package before.
But now it works fine with the option, *mysql = TRUE*, as Jim suggested.

=================================
mart=useMart(biomart="ensembl", dataset="hsapiens_gene_ensembl")
# Error in curlPerform(curl = curl, .opts = opts) :
#         Failed writing body

mart=useMart(biomart="ensembl", dataset="hsapiens_gene_ensembl", mysql=T)
# connected to:  ensembl
# Reading database configuration of: hsapiens_gene_ensembl
# Checking main tables ... ok
# Checking attributes and filters ... ok

mart <- useMart("ensembl_mart_37")
# Error in curlPerform(curl = curl, .opts = opts) :
#         Failed writing body

mart <- useMart("ensembl_mart_37", mysql=T)
# connected to:  ensembl_mart_37

Regards,

Ho