[BioC] internet2.dll equivalent for Mac

Jonathan Arthur jarthur at med.usyd.edu.au
Mon Apr 3 01:30:40 CEST 2006

Hello Stefano and others,

I can download and install R with no difficulties. When I try to get
Bioconductor by typing:

source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")

I get the error:

Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
In addition: Warning message:
unable to connect to 'www.bioconductor.org' on port 80.

On windows, I solved this by:

1. Right click on the R icon on the desktop
2. Select properties
3. Change the target from "C:\Program Files\R\rw2001\bin\Rgui.exe" (or
whatever your Rgui path is) to "C:\Program Files\R\rw2001\bin\Rgui.exe"
--internet2 (i.e. add the flag --internet2 after the quoted path name)
4. Select OK

As this involves the use of the internet2.dll, I assume this will not
work on Mac OSX. My question is, what is the equivalent procedure on a
Mac to solve this connection problem?

Regards,

Jonathan

Email: jarthur at med.usyd.edu.au