[BioC] Problems using text to subset array information from anexpression set

Alvord, Greg (DMS) [Contr] gwa at css.ncifcrf.gov
Tue Apr 4 21:35:20 CEST 2006

	Hi Jeff -

	I'm a rookie myself with Bioconductor and R (been at it a couple
of weeks).  It appears that

> Data <- ReadAffy()
> alldata <- rma(Data)

alldata is now simply a an AffyBatch object.  It is not a matrix or data
frame.  If you create an object

> alldata.exprs <- exprs(alldata)

you create a matrix, but still not a data frame.  You still may have
problems naming the rows and columns explicitly.  Create a data frame,
e.g.,

> alldata.exprs.df <- data.frame(alldata.exprs)

creates a data frame.  And then you can easily extract something like

> alldata.exprs.df["1007_s_at',]

or

> alldata.exprs.df[,"AA100.CEL")

I think.  Hope this helps.  As a newcomer I'm trying to extract objects
from Bioconductor operations in objects like matrices and data frames
that I'm more familiar with.

HTH, Greg

W. Gregory Alvord, Ph.D.
Director, Statistical Consulting Services
Computer and Statistical Services
National Cancer Institute at Frederick
Fort Detrick at 7th Street
Post Office Box B