[BioC] Type I and Type II errors: Multiple Testing

Mohammad Esad-Djou shahrgol at web.de
Sat Apr 8 17:33:34 CEST 2006

Hello,

I used well-known Benjamini and Hochberg (1995) table:

                                Not Rejected          Rejected              Total
Null True                        (m0 - V)                      V                        m0
Alternative True             (m1 - S)                      S                        m1
Total                               (m - R)                       R                          m

I interpret:
1. (m0 - V) as True Positive (TP)
2. V  as False Positive (FP) --> Type I error
3. (m1 - S) as False Negative (FN) --> Type II error
4. S as True Negative (TN)

do I interpret Benjamini table correct?

Thanks,
Mohammad Esad-Djou