[BioC] Building BioC packages from source on MacOSX (R-2.3.0)

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Apr 10 16:51:32 CEST 2006

Hi Benilton,

Benilton Carvalho <bcarvalh at jhsph.edu> writes:
> i've been trying to build BioC packages on macosx, but i can't get it to
> work. i got rid of fink and installed the g77 that comes with R binary.
> then i built and installed the latest devel version of R using the
> sequence ./configure && make && make install
>
> i built R-2.3.0 from the source, but when I try:
>
> R CMD build Biobase/
>
> from my svn dir, this is what i get:
>
> ** arch - Frameworks
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/share/make/shlib.mk:3:
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/etc/Frameworks/Makeconf: No such
> file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target
> `/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/etc/Frameworks/Makeconf'.

Is the R you built on your PATH?  Can you verify:

* Try just starting R and looking at the version info it prints.  Is
  it the R you are expecting?

* Try the R CMD build command specifying the _absolute_ path to R.

You might also ask this question on the R-sig-mac list where there are
a higher concentration of mac experts.

+ seth