[BioC] CodeLink Package: Not a Codelink exported file.

Diego Díez ddiez at iib.uam.es
Tue Apr 11 12:48:19 CEST 2006

Dear Srinivas,

the codelink package currently only supports reading data exported
from Codelink Software as text, not other type of data (including
exported text from excel files obtained from Codelink Software). I
don't know how the data in ArrayExpress is stored and if you can
export it in the original format (taking a fast look at the links you
provided my guess is no). Can you send me the first 20 lines of one
of these files to see if it conforms with the Codelink format? If
not, i can only suggest reading the data directly using standard R
function such read.table, read.delim, etc. Once you have read it, and
you have a matrix of intensity values you can apply directly
normalization functions available in other packages as affy or limma.
In fact, this is tha way i used to do it initially.

Best,

D.