[BioC] Administrative Rigths

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Apr 17 20:29:55 CEST 2006

marco_oliviero77 wrote:
 > Dear BioC,
 >
 > I'm not a user of bioconductor, I am a system manager of a facility
that will run R-Bioconductor for different users on a linux platform.
 > They actually complain about the installation of metadata, as they
dont have permissions to install them. Is there a way to give them
partial permission to install these packages and further R packages
without give them root controls?

 > thanks to all

Dear Marco,

I think the same question as well as the answer was on this list just a
few days ago:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2006-April/012685.html
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2006-April/012686.html

Btw, a lot of mails from libero.it ... it would be polite if people gave
their names and don't hide anonymously behind a freemail account.

Bw
Wolfgang Huber
European Bioinformatics Institute
European Molecular Biology Laboratory