[BioC] affycoretools limma2annaffy fold change output question

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Apr 19 17:03:52 CEST 2006

Hi Mark,

Kimpel, Mark William wrote:
> In the package affycoretools, how does the function limma2annaffy
> determine which fold change to output in the case of multiple contrasts?
> In topTable, one can specify the coefficient, but I don't see that this
> is the case with limma2annaffy.

In limma2annaffy, one of the arguments you supply is the contrasts
matrix. This is used to extract the fold change, t-statistic, p-value,
and expression values for the resulting HTML or text table.

The default is to output results for _all_ contrasts, so you don't
explicitly specify the coefficient.

HTH,

Jim

> Thanks,