[BioC] differentially expressed genes with limma

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Thu Apr 20 18:39:56 CEST 2006

Generally, the power is so low with only 3 replicates that you are
better off using all the samples.  What I do is plot all the
log(expression) values verse each other using the "pairs" command in
R.  You should see a diagonal line near y=x on each plot, at least
within treatment.  The spread in the orthogonal direction is the
important one for ANOVA.  It should be about the same for each group.

I have never used the affy control probes.  Perhaps someone else can
address this part of the question.