[BioC] Error using ABPkgBuilder?

Nianhua Li nli at fhcrc.org
Tue Aug 1 20:32:20 CEST 2006

Simon, Reinhard (CIP <r.simon at ...> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I try to annotate a microarray using the function ABPkgBuilder in AnnBuilder
1.10.0 and R 2.3.1 and get the
> following error message:
>
> Error in validObject(.Object) : invalid class "GO" object: invalid object for
slot "srcUrl" in class
> "GO": got class "list", should be or extend class "character"

Hi, Reinhard,

Could you please provide the context of this error message, i.e. the outputs of
ABPkgBuilder before the error? What parameters did you give when you call
ABPkgBuilder? What is the version of your GO package?

Also, you may want to download the up-to-date version of AnnBuilder from
www.bioconductor.org. According to users' feedback, AnnBuilder 1.11.x is also
compatiable with R 2.3.1. The upgrade won't solve your problem but it can help
you avoid future problems you may encounter.

thanks

nianhua