[BioC] strange effect of "half" bkg substraction in Limma

Hilmar Berger hilmar.berger at imise.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Aug 3 09:31:18 CEST 2006

Hi,

Steven McKinney schrieb:

> I have not yet come across journal articles investigating
> specific binding (references would be appreciated) to the MM
> probes, but this may be part of the issue.  Perhaps it is GC
> related?  We will be investigating this issue.

For a discussion of sequence-specific binding to PM and MM probes you
might want to have a look at this publication:

Binder, H., Preibisch, St.
GeneChip microarrays-signal intensities, RNA concentrations and probe
sequences.
J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 18 (2006) 537-566.

Regards,
Hilmar

--

Hilmar Berger
Institut for medical informatics, statistics and epidemiology

Tel. +49 341 97 16 101
Fax. +49 341 97 16 109
email: hilmar.berger at imise.uni-leipzig.de