[BioC] R CMD check and RUnit

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Aug 7 17:10:04 CEST 2006

Hi Gregor,

"Gorjanc Gregor" <Gregor.Gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si> writes:
> In case you are interested in fusing RUnit with R CMD check under unix
> alike OS, here is one way of doing/hacking this.
>
> My aim was to perform unit tests:
> (1) during R CMD check
> (2) at any other time

As you know, we've been using the RUnit package in our group here in
Seattle to help with the development of Biobase and graph.  I've found
that writing unit tests improve my coding by making me focus on the
API instead of the implementation and by making bug fixing easier.

I've been meaning to improve the scripts I use to run the tests and
what you've posted is a start in that direction.

I have two additional aims, however, that aren't yet covered:

(3) R CMD check should give an error if the tests fail.
(4) Works on Windows.

+ seth