[BioC] normalisation assumptions (violation of)

M Perez perezperezmm at yahoo.es
Tue Aug 8 09:37:17 CEST 2006

Hi Jose,

I think you should correct for background since as you
have commented you have slides with high background
intensity and you want to remove background biass. I
dont know if you have already tried "normexp".

Anycase and talking about the normalization process I
think you dont should be so worry about the violation
of the number of genes DE in your normalization
process. I have been working with similar experiment
that you mentioned using print-tip-loess and the
results were prety good.

It is true that the normalization process is basesd in
some assumptions. But not single microarray experimen
fullfil these assumptions...
HTH
Manuel