[BioC] where to find the package tcltk for linux R

Herve Pages hpages at fhcrc.org
Fri Aug 18 00:25:02 CEST 2006

Hi Zhu,

zhu zhidong wrote:
> In fact, I install AMDA_2.1.1.tar.gz for R in the RedHat9, I met the below question. I think tcltk for redhat linux has been installed.
You think or you know?
You _need_ to have the tcl/tk capability at the system level (this has
nothing to do with R).
If you compiled R yourself, you should have seen something like
      Interfaces supported: X11, tcltk
at the end of the configure step.
If you don't see tcltk here, then you need to install the tcl/tk system
libraries. There should be
RPM packages for RedHat 9.
BTW, the tcl/tk pb on RedHat 9 has already been covered here 2 years ago:
  https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2004-August/005678.html
Cheers,

H.

--