[BioC] Extracting pvals for PA calls in affy

Hassane, Duane Duane_Hassane at URMC.Rochester.edu
Fri Aug 18 18:45:39 CEST 2006

Hi Kartik,

At the R prompt, try:
?mas5calls

The help page shows that mas5calls returns an exprSet object with p-values in the se.exprs slot

If you really want to do present call filtering as you describe, just off the top of my head, you might try:

(1) Extracting pvalues from the object resulting from mas5calls, e.g. mas5calls.out:

pvals<-mas5calls.out at se.exprs

(2) Create a function to determine the Fisher pvals that accepts a vector of the call p-values as input ... look at GeneMeta and the vignette "Meta analysis for microarrays" for instructions/code for how this might be accomplished.  I call it "yourmeta" below.  Maybe someone else can help you out here.

(3) Apply the function to each row of "raw" pvals to generate a vector of cumulative pvalues for each probeset:

fisherpvals<-apply(pvals,1,yourmeta)

(4) Filter by rows for which the cumulative pvalues are less than 0.05.

filtered.data<-exprs(alldata)[fisherpvals < 0.05,]

Assuming your exprSet is named "alldata"

Is that what you wanted?  I don't know much about GeneMeta, it might contain something like "yourmeta" already.  I wish I could be more helpful right now, but this should get you started.

Best,

Duane Hassane