[BioC] Relative distribution of Gene Lengths

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Sun Aug 20 16:44:01 CEST 2006

You should probably use the Kolmogorov-Smirnov test or similar test
to determine if 2 distributions are equal.

l think you need independent samples, so what you should do is create
vector 3 - the length of all genes NOT identified from the microarray
experiment and compare 2 to 3.

However, the fairness of this depends on what you mean by
"identified".  If you mean genes that were selected using the
microarray array results, I would use the lengths only of the genes
actually on the array.

--Naomi