[BioC] biomaRt problem

Dario Greco dario.greco at helsinki.fi
Wed Aug 23 10:54:53 CEST 2006

hi Steffen,
thanks for your help.
now biomart.org is up, but there are still some problems.

> mart <- useMart("ensembl", dataset = "hsapiens_gene_ensembl")
Error in file(file, "r") : unable to open connection
In addition: Warning message:
unable to resolve 'web50-node4.ebi.ac.uk'.

and in fact, if i try to open in browser the address
http://www.biomart.org/biomart/martservice

i get this internal error message:
<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>200 OK</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>OK</H1>
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete
your request.<P>
Please contact the server administrator,
 webmaster&amp;#064;mydomain.org and inform them of the time the error
occurred,
and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.<P>
More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.<P>
</BODY></HTML>

what to do?

thanks again for your kind help
sincerely
Dario

--

Dario Greco

Institute of Biotechnology - University of Helsinki
Building Cultivator II
P.O.Box 56      Viikinkaari 4
FIN-00014       Finland

Office: +358 9 191 58951