[BioC] Importing CDF file for custom array using makecdfenv

Michal Okoniewski MOkoniewski at PICR.man.ac.uk
Thu Aug 24 09:43:41 CEST 2006

 Hi Ann,

This is what I used to do:

library(makecdfenv)
library(altcdfenvs)
library(simpleaffy)

raw.data <- read.affy()
tmp.env=make.cdf.env("XXX.cdf")
my.env2 <- wrapCdfEnvAffy(tmp.env, 712, 712, "myenv") #change 712 into
291 in your case my.env2 at envName <-"HGU133a my environment"
my.env <- as(my.env2,"environment")
raw.data.mt at cdfName <- "my.env"

or alternatively, and probably better: create the metadata package gzip
file with make.cdf.package (setting the name and path), install it with
R CMD INSTALL and just do:

library(packagename) #not sure it this is necessary
raw.data at cdfName <- "packagename"

Cheers,
Michal