[BioC] illumina --> limma?

Anand Patel acpatel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 20:50:27 CEST 2006

Using both mouse and human Sentrix-6 beadarrays, I've managed to
normalize the arrays both with the beadarray package and the
BeadExplorer package.  However, despite being able to get an exprSet
from beadarray and a BeadSummaryList from BeadExplorer, I'm not sure
how to go to Limma from there.

The exprSet does contain normalized values for all of the arrays, and
I can construct a new phenoData, but they're not log-values of
expression . . .

>Usage: lmFit(object,design=NULL,ndups=1,spacing=1,block=NULL,correlation=0.75,w
>eights=NULL,method="ls",...)
>Arguments: object: object of class 'numeric', 'matrix', 'MAList',
'marrayNorm', 'exprSet' or 'PLMset' >containing log-ratios or
log-values of expression for a series of microarrays

How best to get them from their current status in an exprSet to Log2
for use in Limma?  Looking at this, I suspect it's something easy --
just take the Log base 2 of each value, then run that modified exprSet
through, but am not sure how to do that easily in R.

Thanks,
Anand C. Patel, MD
acpatel at gmail.com