[BioC] GO annotation/analysis for ath1121501

Ann Hess hess at stat.colostate.edu
Thu Aug 24 22:44:28 CEST 2006

I am working with data from ath1121501 (arabidopsis) arrays and I would
like to do the following:

1.  Subset a list of genes based on GO terms.  For example, how many
(and which) a given list belong to MF=metabolism.
2.  Create a pie chart of the distribution of GO terms for my list.
3.  Find statistically over-represented GO terms.
4.  Find pathway information for my list.

As simple as goal #1 appears to be, I am not sure how to subset a list by
GO term.  I am not even sure what GO annotation is available for
ath1121501 in BioConductor.

In an attempt to accomplish goal #2, I tried using the function
ontoCompare from the goTools package, but got an error:
>length(DEGList)
[1] 1881
>res<-ontoCompare(DEGList,probeType="ath1121501",plot=TRUE)
[1] "Starting ontoCompare..."
Error in as.vector(x, mode) : invalid argument 'mode'

In an attempt to accomplish goal #3, I tried using the GoHyperG function
from the GOstats package, but the locus link ID information does not
appear to be available for ath1121501 (this has been addressed in previous
postings).  Are there alternatives that can be used for ath1121501?

I was hoping to use the biomaRt package to get pathway information, but it
doesn't look like it contains annotation for arabidopsis.

Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated!

Ann