[BioC] new user trying to create a cdf package for custom array

Schwartz, Donald schwartd at karmanos.org
Mon Aug 28 22:01:43 CEST 2006

I am a new R user.
I am trying to create a cdf environment for a custom affy array
I have installed the cdf package and loaded the makecdfenv library:

 utils:::menuInstallLocal()
package 'makecdfenv' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
updating HTML package descriptions
> library(makecdfenv)

I have made sure that the cdf file is in the working directory.

But when I try to make.cdf.package, the response is to want a species. When I add the species in a trial, the following is what I get:

proteasea520066f = make.cdf.package("protease520066f",species=Homo_sapiens)
Error in make.cdf.package("protease520066f", species = Homo_sapiens) :
        object "Homo_sapiens" not found

Note that this array is a very unique dual species array. It has probes for both H sapiens and M musculus. Could that be the issue?

Does the cdf ("channel file") need to be in a particular format? I have two formats, one is humanly readable (Version=GC3.0) when opened in notepad and the other is pretty much gibberish past the probe set names at the top of the file.

Don

------
Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any at...{{dropped}}