[BioC] maQualityPlots on Mac

Marcus Davy mdavy at hortresearch.co.nz
Wed Aug 30 23:34:41 CEST 2006

Details on the second possibility,

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/RMacOSX-FAQ.html#TclTk-issues

There was a typo in the function name, it is supposed to be '.First' .

Marcus

-----

Have you installed the X11.app from the tiger/panther installation disks?

The X11.app needs to be running in conjunction with R to then access the X11
graphics. I believe quartz() doesn't need X11.app to work.

Also, I make a Rprofile.site file to store global options in R_HOME$/etc,
For a system level install, it goes somewhere like;

/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/etc

First <- function() {
 Sys.putenv("DISPLAY"=":0")       # <----- this may be your problem too
 Sys.putenv("http_proxy"="http://[YOUR PROXY]:[PORT]")
 options(device="X11")