[BioC] How to use detect call in GCRMA (or RMA) analysis?

Jianping Jin jjin at email.unc.edu
Thu Dec 7 14:21:33 CET 2006

You may want to try "mas5calls", a function in the affy package and then
filter out the probesets with most absent calls.
For example:

PAcalls <- mas5calls(affybatch.obj)

HTH,

JP-

--On Wednesday, December 06, 2006 10:47 PM +0000 Wang mingyi
<mingyiwang at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a question for Affymetrix data analysis by GCRMA (or RMA). From
> the GCRMA (RMA) results, we cannot get detect call information which can
> be returned from MAS5. I think this information are useful when we want
> to perform some downstream t-tests. For example, three replicates (after
> drug) comparing with other three replicates (before drug), if given one
> gene, most detect values are "A" in all these 6 replicates, we will think
> the t-test doesnot make sense. So how to deal with this situation? Can we
> incorporate with detect call information from MAS5?
> Thank you in advance!

##################################
Jianping Jin Ph.D.
Bioinformatics scientist