[BioC] makecdfenv

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Sat Dec 9 15:07:37 CET 2006

Dr. Zhou

Probably a more comprehensive set of instructions is in the 'R
Installation and Administration' manual, section 3. This is available
from

http://cran.r-project.org

and visiting the 'Manuals' link. There is also a less formal guide on
the Bioconductor developer wiki at

http://wiki.fhcrc.org/bioc/HowTo/Build_R_on_Windows

The error below is because your system is not locating the set of R
tools correctly; Rtools (see the pages referenced above) needs to be
in front of windows system entries in the 'PATH' environment
variable.

Hope that helps

Martin

"Wolfgang Huber" <huber at ebi.ac.uk> writes:

> Dear Dr. Zhou,
>
> this seems to be general problem with the computer system on which you are
> trying to build the CDF package, rather than a specific makecdfenv
> problem. I am not an expert for Windows, but please consult
> http://www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools/
> for information on how to install packages from source format (i.e. what
> you get from make.cdf.package) on your Windows system.
>
>  Best wishes
>  Wolfgang Huber
>
> <quote who="Weiyin Zhou">
>> Hi Dr. Huber,
>>

>> I have sent below e-mail to bioconductor several days ago.  But no
>> response.  I really need your help.
>>

>> I was trying to create CDF package on window using following commands:
>>

>>> make.cdf.package("APOP.cdf", species="Homo_sapiens")
>>

>> It created a subdirectory apopcdf in my working directory.  Then at
>> terminal, I typed:
>>
>>> R CMD INSTALL apopcdf
>>

>> Here is the error message I got:
>>

>> Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 1.50
>>
>> Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved.
>>

>> NMAKE : fatal error U1065: invalid option '-' Stop.
>>
>> *** Installation of apopcdf failed ***
>>

>> Removing 'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-24~1.0/library/apopcdf'
>>

>> I try to consult the help page for makecdfenv package, but all the links
>> there are not working.
>>

>> Could you help me to find the problems?
>>

>> It will be very helpful to make the help link for this package works.
>>

>> Thanks in advance,
>>

>> Regards,
>>

>> Weiyin Zhou
>>
>> Statistics and Data Analyst