[BioC] Odds Ratio in GOstat

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Mon Dec 11 19:52:21 CET 2006

I am getting some rather odd "OddsRatio" numbers in my GOstat
tables.  In particular, I seem to be getting "Inf" whenever
"Observed"="Size".  This does not seem to be right, unless "Size" is
the number of hits in the union of the test and nontest set.  But if
that is the case, then "Size" should always be greater than or equal
to "Observed" and that is not the case.

Associate Professor
University Park, PA 16802-2111